Saturday, October 22, 2016

Read-a-Thon Update #2

I was enjoying listening to Alice's Adventures in Wonderland so much that I decided to keep listening instead of switching back over to The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet.  I just finished up Alice, and then saw on the Audible app that Richard Armitage narrates Classic Love Poems, so now I'm listening to it.  I never dreamed I'd include poetry on my read-a-thon list!

In case anyone is interested, these are the poems included:

• "How Do I Love Thee?" by Elizabeth Barrett Browning
• "Sonnet 116" by William Shakespeare
• "Annabel Lee" by Edgar Allan Poe
• "To Be One with Each Other" by George Eliot
• "Maud" by Alfred, Lord Tennyson
• "To His Coy Mistress" by Andrew Marvell
• "Bright Star" by John Keats
• "Love's Philosophy" by Percy Bysshe Shelley
• 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
• "Meeting at Night" by Robert Browning
• "The Dream" by Edna St. Vincent Millay
• "The Passionate Shepherd to His Love" by Christopher Marlowe
• "I carry your heart" by e. e. cummings
• "She Walks in Beauty" by Lord Byron
• "Give All to Love" by Ralph Waldo Emerson


I'm going to continue listening to it as I fix something for lunch (time is flying today!), and then I'm going to get back to actually reading instead of listening.  :) 

I hope all of you read-a-thon participants are having a great day!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment