Saturday, October 22, 2016

Read-a-Thon Update #1

I got a bit of a late start this morning, but I never really planned to read for the entire twenty-four hours anyway.  Even though I don't have to work on the weekends, I would completely mess up my sleep schedule if I stayed up until 7:00 tomorrow morning, which would make getting up for work Monday morning even more of a struggle than usual.  :)

I also didn't create a specific TBR list for today, but I enjoyed seeing everyone share their lists in the FB group!  I plan to just browse my shelves when I need a book and see what jumps out at me.  First up, though, I'm going to finish reading my current book (one of them, anyway) - The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet by Bernie Su and Kate Rorick.  I have no idea what will come next.  :)

I was torn a few minutes ago - I wanted to keep reading, but I also wanted to get online to post this, as well as check on everyone's progress.  The solution?  Audiobooks!  I've only recently gotten into them, and I still prefer actively reading rather than listening, but they're perfect for "reading" while I'm doing other things like cooking, cleaning, or working online.  :)  I'm currently listening to Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll, narrated by Scarlett Johannson.  It's been several years since I last read Alice, so I'm enjoying listening to it.

Time to browse the Read-a-Thon FB group, and then I think I'll switch back to Lizzie Bennet.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment