Sunday, October 23, 2016

Final Read-a-Thon Update



I ended up not reading anything else after my last post last night.  I played LOTRO while I watched a movie, and I planned to start a new book when the movie went off, but I felt kinda queasy, so I just went to bed.  It was already after midnight, and it felt like a migraine was on its way, so I thought it was a good idea to get some sleep.  While still a little queasy this morning, I feel much better than last night!

Though I didn't read for the entire twenty-four hours, I still feel like I accomplished more than I have in previous read-a-thons!  I wish I had kept up with all of my stats (pages read, time spent reading, etc), but I didn't think about it.  I finished three books yesterday, and I believe that's a record for me, at least during the read-a-thon.  Another first for me was listening to audiobooks during the read-a-thon!  They really helped me yesterday, so I could still "read" while doing things around the house.


Books I read yesterday:

The Secret Life of Lizzie Bennet - Kate Rorick and Bernie Su
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (audiobook) - Lewis Carroll
Classic Love Poems (audiobook) - Various (included Shakespeare, Keats, Shelley, Poe, amongst others)


I also made a couple of new bookish Twitter friends, so all in all, I think yesterday's read-a-thon was a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment