Monday, October 5, 2015

Review: Ice Like Fire by Sara Raasch


Read from May 30th - June 7th, 2015.

(Source:  I received a copy of this book from Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.)

[Review for Snow Like Ashes can be found here.]


After finishing Snow Like Ashes, I couldn't wait to find out what would happen to Meira and the others.  A lot happened.  This book is just go, go, go.  While Snow Like Ashes focused mainly on Winter, Spring, and Cordell, Ice Like Fire finds Meira visiting several of the other kingdoms.  Meira hoped for peace and a chance to rebuild Winter, but she finds it hard to do either with Noam's intrusion into her kingdom. 

I loved the descriptions of the different kingdoms and the people who live in each place.  I still think Seasons as kingdoms is wonderfully clever and original.  I also loved the introduction of a few new characters.

As for the love triangle from Snow Like Ashes, I was a bit torn as to which one Meira should choose, but after a couple of chapters of Ice Like Fire, I made up my mind pretty quickly.  And as I said in my reivew of Snow Like Ashes, this "love triangle" doesn't bother me as much as others because it isn't the focus of the book.  And, most importantly, Meira realizes it isn't the only thing in the world that matters.

While I liked Snow Like Ashes more than Ice Like Fire, I still think this is a stellar second novel in the series.  Sara Raasch is an incredible writer, and I can't wait to read more from her.

Also, I just have to say it - this cover is gorgeous.  I'll definitely have to buy the hardcover when it's released so it can sit by my copy of Snow Like Ashes.


Rating (out of five stars):


http://www.amazon.com/Ice-Like-Fire-Snow-Ashes/dp/0062286951/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1437351442&sr=8-1&keywords=ice+like+fire
 About the author:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/ice-like-fire-sara-raasch/1121093640?ean=9780062286956
http://www.booksamillion.com/p/Ice-Like-Fire/Sara-Raasch/9780062286956
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17404295-ice-like-fire

No comments:

Post a Comment