Monday, September 14, 2015

Blog Anniversary Week - Day One!



Welcome to day one of my week-long blog anniversary celebration!  My anniversary isn't actually until Friday, but I decided to celebrate all week.  While nothing is set in stone, I am planning to have at least one post each day.  My usual weekly posts will be up, in addition to extra posts, possibly including my favorite authors, books/series, top 10 books of the year (so far), and what I've learned after one year of book blogging.

I would also like to use this week as a chance to connect with other readers and bloggers.  I love getting comments, and I reply to each and every one, so don't hesitate to say hello!  I'm a little concerned about Blogger's commenting platform, however.  I've heard that Blogger doesn't notify people when I reply to a comment here, which makes me a little sad since I do reply to all of them.  And the whole point of commenting, in my opinion, is to start a conversation.  So I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on Blogger's commenting feature, and whether anyone has ever been notified when I reply to a comment.

It's hard to believe I've been book blogging for a whole year!  When I started this blog, I never dreamed I would have this much fun with it.  I've been blogging for several years (my Livejournal will turn 13 next week), so the blogging aspect of it wasn't new to me, but having a blog focused entirely on books was new, and definitely exciting.  I didn't think it was something I'd be able to do, honestly, so I'm rather proud of myself that I managed to keep it up for a year.  Not only keep it up, but stay active for the whole year!  I'm pretty sure I had at least one post every single week, while most weeks had three posts, sometimes five.  I know a lot of blogs post more than that, but I'm happy with the amount I've posted.  I still need time to read, after all.  :)

The post with the giveaway info should go live in about one hour, so be sure to check back and enter to win a copy of Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your (almost) one year! I haven't made it a year yet, but I imagine it's so satisfying :)

    The blogger comment system is definitely not fabulous - it doesn't alert anyone when people reply to their comments (it's not just you ;) ). It's the reason why I moved to Disqus, as you said, it's the point of commenting! I like people to know that I appreciate their comments. If you can figure it out (I never tried) commenting through Google+ also alerts commenters when they have been replied to.

    Erin
    http://sexycardi.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erin! It's definitely satisfying. :)

      And thank you for that info! I will definitely check out Disqus and Google+!

      Delete