Friday, August 21, 2015

First Lines Friday #3


First Lines Friday is a bookish meme hosted by Literary Marie of Precision Reviews.


Grab your current read(s).

Share the first line(s).

Include the title and author.


"I recently experienced the perfect summary of my career at a Build-a-Bear store inside a suburban mall in Lancaster, California.  
Okay, sure, a single adult woman in her thirties with no children might not necessarily pick that as the first place to kill an hour of her life.  But I'd never been inside one before, and I'd already spent twenty minutes outside like a creepster, watching actual legitimate customers (mostly toddlers) go inside and, like modern-day demigods, craft the companion of their dreams.  At a certain point, after eating two Auntie Anne's pretzels, I decided to throw off the societal yoke of judgement."



No comments:

Post a Comment