Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #23

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.




From GoodreadsOriginally written in the mid-1950s, Go Set a Watchman was the novel Harper Lee first submitted to her publishers before To Kill a Mockingbird. Assumed to have been lost, the manuscript was discovered in late 2014.

Go Set a Watchman features many of the characters from To Kill a Mockingbird some twenty years later. Returning home to Maycomb to visit her father, Jean Louise Finch—Scout—struggles with issues both personal and political, involving Atticus, society, and the small Alabama town that shaped her.

Exploring how the characters from To Kill a Mockingbird are adjusting to the turbulent events transforming mid-1950s America, Go Set a Watchman casts a fascinating new light on Harper Lee’s enduring classic. Moving, funny and compelling, it stands as a magnificent novel in its own right.

Publication date:  July 14, 2015

View on Goodreads

View on Amazon

8 comments:

  1. I've seen this one around a lot (it's impossible to miss!) but I don't know that I'll ever read it. I had to read To Kill a Mockingbird in 9th grade and I remember being bored out of my mind! Maybe I should give it another shot as an adult though... Maybe. I hope you love this sequel though!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it again as an adult! Don't feel bad, though - I've read several comments about To Kill a Mockingbird since Go Set a Watchman was announced, and there are a lot of people who feel the same as you! :)

      Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete
  2. To Kill A Mockingbird is one of my favourite books of all time! I definitely can't wait for this one!!
    My WoW
    Naomi @The Perks Of Being A Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favorites, too!

      Thanks for stopping by, Naomi! :)

      Delete
  3. A popular choice this week! I hope you enjoy it

    Check out our WOW & learn how to win an ARC copy of SIX OF CROWS!

    Leydy @ OUaT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leydy!

      Oooh, I will definitely check that out! I am so excited about Six of Crows! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I DNFed To Kill A Mocikingbird... that should tell you all about my expectations. But all the fans are raving, and I hope that you all will enjoy it!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I hate to hear that, but surprisingly (to me, anyway), I've heard a lot of people say they didn't enjoy To Kill a Mockingbird! I think it's one of those books that people either love or dislike - there doesn't seem to be any in-between.

      Thank you for commenting, though! :)

      Delete