Saturday, April 25, 2015

Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-Thon, Update #2

Today is going by so quickly!  I just finished up Cress, and I loved it!  As I mentioned in my previous update, I wasn't really a fan of Cinder, and though I liked Scarlet a little more than Cinder, it wasn't destined to become a favorite.  But Cress made me understand why so many people really love this series. 

Time for the Mid-Event Survey!


1. What are you reading right now?  I'm about to continue reading Digging for Richard III: The Search for the Lost King by Mike Pitts.

2. How many books have you read so far?  Just one.

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?  I think I'm going to read All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven after I finish Digging for Richard III.  I've wanted to read it for a while, so I'm pretty excited to get started!

4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?  Not very many.  I stopped for breakfast and lunch, and then for a couple of breaks to check the Read-a-Thon website, as well as to post these updates.  I also talked to my mom for a few minutes.  I wouldn't really call them interruptions, though, as I chose to stop reading to do those things.  I think it's good to take a break every now and then, especially as my eyes get tired easily.  If I over-exert them by reading constantly for 24 hours, I won't make it much longer.  :)

5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?  No surprises, really.  I just think it's amazing to know that so many people around the world are participating in this event. 


I think I'm going to get something to eat, and then back to reading!  Thanks to everyone who has commented on my blog today! 

8 comments:

  1. I keep hearing so much about the Cress series, glad to hear you enjoyed the read. Happy readathoning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Cinder during the last Readathon, because Marissa Meyer was donating to charity for whoever was reading her books during Readathon. I liked it, but I've yet to pick up the rest of the books in the series- but I will!

    I'm here to cheer,
    you're here to read,
    Some caffeine and books
    are all you need!

    #FloaterCheerleader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you liked Cinder, you'll definitely like the next two books!

      Thanks for cheering! :D

      Delete
  3. Grab a snack, dance a jig, it's Hour 17! You can do it! I know this hour gets difficult (for me, at least). Hope you're having a great time with your books! #TeamPopper

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are having fun! enjoy Cress, I really like the Lunar Chronicles

    ReplyDelete
  5. See that? It's the sun, or it will be soon. Have a quick look outside. That's right, leave the imaginary world for a moment, take a quick walk around the garden, the city block, down to the store for another special treat - you've earned it. You've worked hard this read-a-thon, now enjoy the last couple hours. It's not over yet! #TeamMrPopper

    ReplyDelete
  6. The breaks are crucial, aren't they?? I hope you had an awesome Readathon! :)

    ReplyDelete