Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #3

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

From Goodreads:  There is danger in dreaming. But there is even more danger in waking up.

Blue Sargent has found things. For the first time in her life, she has friends she can trust, a group to which she can belong. The Raven Boys have taken her in as one of their own. Their problems have become hers, and her problems have become theirs.

The trick with found things though, is how easily they can be lost.

Friends can betray.
Mothers can disappear.
Visions can mislead.
Certainties can unravel.

Publication date:  October 21, 2014

I love Maggie Stiefvater's writing style, and I've enjoyed all of her books that I've read so far.  I like how she can take something supernatural, such as werewolves in her Shiver trilogy, and make it seem like it wouldn't be a complete stretch for it to happen.  The same could be said for The Scorpio Races, as well, which is, incidentally, one of my favorite books.  If you haven't yet read any of The Raven Cycle series, I would highly recommend it.  I cannot wait to start reading Blue Lily, Lily Blue!  

Click to pre-order from Amazon 

 

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait for this one! I have listened to the first 2 books on cd and the narrator is fabulous. Our wait is almost over! My WoW book isn't out until January! ~Megan
    http://wp.me/pzUn5-29V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we're so close! So exciting!

      January will be here before we know it. ;)

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. Stiefvater is such a great writer! I've only read book one, but this series is so fascinating! Great pick!

    Here's My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really is a fantastic writer!

      Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete